(D R A F T)
[TO BE PLACED ON SCHOOL DISTRICT LETTERHEAD]
— DRIVER ACKNOWLEDGMENT —
DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING POLICY AND MATERIALS
I have received a copy of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy of Independent School District No. ____, _______________, Minnesota and have read it in its entirety. I understand that I am subject to the provisions of Article III of the policy, entitled Drug and Alcohol Testing for Bus Drivers, because the position involves operating a commercial motor vehicle and requires a commercial driver’s license.
The District’s policy was provided to me:
G Upon adoption of the policy. (employee).
G Upon my hire. (job applicant/new employee).
G After receipt of my conditional job offer, before any testing if my job offer is contingent upon my passing of drug and alcohol testing. (job applicant).
I also received materials concerning the effects of alcohol and controlled substances use on an individual’s health, work, and personal life; signs and symptoms of an alcohol or drug problem; and available methods of intervening when an alcohol or drug problem is suspected.
I have been advised that the Alcohol and Controlled Substances Testing Program Manager is _____________________________ and that any questions I may have concerning the Policy should be directed to the Program Manager.
|Dated:||Signature of Employee/Applicant Typed or Printed Name|
DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING POLICY
Attachments A through C are to be used in conjunction with the drug and alcohol testing of bus drivers and driver applicants.
• Attachment A is a “Driver Acknowledgment–Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy Materials” form which should be used to document receipt of the policy and other materials by drivers and driver applicants. It is referred to in Article III., Section C., Paragraph 4. of the policy.
• Attachment B is a “Bus Driver or Driver Applicant–Authorization to Release Information” form. It is referred to in Article III., Section H., Paragraph 1. of the policy.
• Attachment C is a “Bus Driver or Driver Applicant–Refusal to Submit to Testing” form. It is referred to in Article III., Section H., Paragraph 7. of the policy.
Attachments D through G are to be used in conjunction with drug and alcohol testing of non-bus drivers and applicants.
• Attachment D is a “Pretest Notice” that must be provided to non-school bus driver employees or job applicants before requesting that the employee or job applicant undergo drug or alcohol testing. It is referred to in Article IV., Section E., Paragraph 1. of the policy.
• Attachment E is a “Notice of Test Results and Various Rights” which should be used by the District when notifying non-school bus driver employees or job applicants of test results and other rights. It is referred to in Article IV., Section E., Paragraph 6. of the policy.
• Attachment F is an “Explanation of Positive Test Result” form which should be used by the school district to request that the employee or job applicant submit information to the school district relevant to the reliability of, or explanation for, a positive test result. It is referred to in Article IV., Section E., Paragraph 4. of the policy.
• Finally, the District may wish to use Attachment G, entitled “Acknowledgment–Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy,” to document that written notice of the policy was given to all affected employees. It is referred to in Article IV., Section J. of the policy.