You can help generate state aid for our school by completing the
Application for Educational Benefits. Students in households that meet
the free or reduced-price meal income guidelines will generate
compensatory revenue for their school. Schools must use compensatory
revenue to meet the needs of students who are behind their peers, such
as remedial instruction, instructional materials including digital learning
and technology, bilingual programs and additional teachers and
teacher aides. This funding is critical to keep the school operating and
relies on families filling out the application.
Currently, your children are receiving school meals at no charge. Filling
out the application will not impact your students’ eligibility to receive
free meals during the 2021-22 school year.
If your application is approved, your family will also have access the
- Reduced sports and fine arts fees
- Reduced ECFE tuition
- Eligibility for United Way Grants
- Reduced fees for College applications and College entrance tests such as AP and ACT
- Educational Talent search and eligibility for many scholarships
- P-EBT eligibility for meal funding during the summer months
We have enclosed the Application for Educational Benefits for you to fill out and return by Dec. 6th. You also have the option to fill out the online application through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal (see back). Sleepy Eye Public Schools is offering a secure, easy, convenient way to apply for free/reduced meal benefits. Online applications can be made through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
How do I apply online?
- Visit the district website at sleepyeyeschools.com.
- Go to the Parent Info tab and click on Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
- Log into your account.
- Click the More button on the left menu, then click Meal Benefits.
- Complete and submit the Meal Benefits Application
- Complete this waiver of confidentiality and return it to school.
If you don’t have a Campus Parent Portal Account:
- Visit the district website at sleepyeyeschools.com
- Go to the Parent Info tab and click on Campus Parent Portal Request Form
- Submit the form, and you will be mailed your enrollment information
How do I apply via form?